- Why should I join Team TDS? As a self-employed consultant, your time is valuable. TDS seeks out new opportunities in the area, doing the legwork for you.
- What if I prefer to be an employee? The District can hire you as a Professional Specialist. This means that you are a part-time employee of the District and deductions are taken from your paycheck for taxes, etc. Otherwise, you can be hired as an Independent Contractor.
- How often can I expect to work? That depends on your skill set and the needs of our clients. We cannot guarantee a minimum amount. However, when we call with an opportunity, it is your decision to accept or decline the job.
- I have a full-time day job and would like to teach at night, or on weekends. When are your trainings usually scheduled? Most training is scheduled during the 8am – 5pm workday. Occasionally, we have had requests for early morning or evening classes but those are the exception.
- What classes/topics are you interested in? That answer changes depending on the client's needs. In the past, we have had a need for Trades/Vocational and Soft Skills instructors. English in as a Second Language has also been in demand. Please contact our office for specifics.
- What are the qualifications required to be an instructor for Team TDS? Most of our instructors have experience training in a business or trade environment. What we would require from our trades/vocational instructors would differ in comparison to our soft skills instructors. However, if you have knowledge and experience in a subject, and would like to share it with others, contact us and we'll work with you to develop your training skills.
- How do I get started? For more information, click on our Forms link below. Please complete the Instructor Survey and send it along with a resume, biography, and list of training topics to MariAnn Fisher.